This page lists my subscription recommendations for websites, weblogs, and podcasts. The links point to regular HTML pages, unless otherwise indicated. Usually there’s an Atom/RSS feed on the page as well.
On arts and the cultural, economic, and social implications of science and technology.
- BibliOdyssey: historical illustrations, visual materia obscura, eclectic bookart
- Elezea: Rian van der Merwe on technology, design, and sociology
- Philip Greenspun’s Weblog on economics, photography, and technology
- Helian Unbound: scientific skepticism directed against every ideology
- I, Cringely and Notes from the Field: Robert X. Cringely on IT and economics
- io9 covers science, science fiction & the future (see About io9 for the RSS feed)
- Kevin Kelly maintains The Technium and other weblogs
- Picture’s Up: Gordon Cameron’s thoughts on movies & television
- The Psychology of Video Games by Jamie Madigan, psychologist and gamer
- Pushing Pixels and In Motion: Kirill Grouchnikov on UI, visual style, and movies
- Ribbonfarm and Tempo: Venkatesh Rao on psychology and decision-making
- Rough Type: Nicholas G. Carr on technology, culture, and economics
- Techdirt on the political & commercial aspects of technology